Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Recovering from an injury: Day 1



I injured my hip a week ago today and I'd like to say it's 100 percent healed. But, as I mentally gear up for INSANITY at lunchtime, I begin to feel like its bugging me again. I am hoping its just metal and that maybe I'm scared to push it. However, if I feel like it's too much for my hip I can modify or just step out of the class. I'm hoping it won't come to that and I'll be fine.

Ho-hum.

I just never thought I would get hurt and this would set me back so much. I did pretty good all week with eating, I even lost .5 on the scale on my Friday weigh in. Then I ate like crap all weekend and everything I felt like I had done.. was slipping away..

During the week, I have such a good routine and schedule with eating and then the weekend comes and it's hard to not get off track. Plus, not being able to go to the gym just really put a damper on everything.

I am trying to not get discouraged and so this morning I called up to the gym first thing and signed up for INSANITY.

Maybe I am INSANE for signing up, but I just have to do it -- I have to get up -- recover and go for it. I won't know until I try.

So, I'm trying.

----

Update: went to Insanity and my hip did really well. I modified a few things just to make sure I didn't over-do it. 40 minutes and burned 371 calories (per MFP). I forgot my gym bag, so I didnt have my HRM system will me for exact calories burned). I can already feel the soreness in my legs.

I was hoping to make it to the gym tonight, but remembered we are visiting his Grandpa in the Hospital tonight. Which is important! So, it may just be a double workout tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment